Being pregnant during the holidays can be good and bad. On one hand, it’s great spending this special time with your family, overindulging in wonderful holiday treats, and dreaming about the future with your bundle of joy. On the other hand, none of your clothes fit, you have trouble sleeping due to said bundle of joy playing kickball with your insides, and your energy simply is not what it used to be. If you’re like I was, your holiday to do list is long, your desire is strong, but your body is TIRED.
With this energy crisis in mind, I wanted to share a few shortcuts that might just help you get through the holidays in one piece. First the obvious: Buy your husband’s gifts at CVS while you are picking up TUMS, then tie ribbons around his “gifts” or stick them in a multi-colored bag and call them wrapped. For the more advanced among you, use photo-shop to splice together a “respectable” family photo for your holiday card. Finally, and most importantly, below is a shortcut dessert recipe to keep in your back pocket; this is from my friend Meghan and it has always been a huge hit at parties. I was surprised when she told me it was a modified version of the recipe on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsel package.
So, if you need to wow the in-laws over the holidays, or just want to treat yourself to some well-deserved moments of chocolate bliss, below is the recipe that will get you there. It really is easy, and it really will be a hit!
Instructions from Meghan:
- Use the recipe on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Morsel Package: Tollhouse Recipe
- Only make two dozen (two trays of twelve)
- Add an extra ½ cup of flour.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar together then add the eggs and vanilla. (Note, beat the eggs and vanilla together with a fork in a mug)
- Beat eggs into to the butter/sugar mixture then gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Mix in chips. Make two trays of 12 and bake for 11 min at 375. (make sure to bake 11 minutes only)