Nursery Décor Case Study: HomeGoods
Earlier this week, I was on my way to REI for a 30% off Keens sale for my boys when I turned the corner into the parking lot and was stopped dead in my tracks.
To my astonishment, a brand new HomeGoods stood right before me…taunting me….beckoning me inside.
I knew a HomeGoods was slated for this space but I had no idea it was up and running. The timing was no coincidence (I told myself), so I decided to take a minor detour (not without some pushback from two boys wearing shoes with holes) and hoped that the money I’d earmarked for brand new Keens didn’t meet a tragic fate (for the Keens, not for me).
And I wasn’t disappointed. HomeGoods is an amazing resource for, well, home goods and accessories. The best part – their prices are so affordable it allows for seasonal updates to your home decor without breaking the bank.
And for those of you decorating a nursery, this store is a must see. I hope you have one in your area. If not, it’s worth making a special trip to visit one when you’re in a city that does.
Here are a few items I saw that would make excellent accessories to complete your baby’s nursery.
- The classic piggy bank. They had these in all colors and for $7.99, you can set up your little one for financial success early!
- Oh, and this little jewelry box is exactly the thing that makes me yearn for a little girl. And until she starts collected the bling, you can use it on her changing table to hide Q-tips, lotions and that ugly suck-out-the-buggies thing.
- But the boys can’t be outdone by the girls. Check out this $25 adorable stool for the little guys.
- Did I say stools? I almost freaked out when I saw these stools for only $14.99. They had many more to choose from, including stools with tractors and airplanes.
- Inexpensive artwork is definitely one of HomeGoods strengths. These canvases started at $9.99!
- Need to organize the nursery? (Or any other room for that matter) These colorful storage containers scream to be placed in a kid’s room.
- But make sure you venture out into their more “adult” home decor. I found some great items that would be perfect for a nursery. Like this old timey car. So cute!
- And this sailboat! I’m a big fan of the nautical theme for little boy nurseries. And check out the price tag…$24.99!
- And who can resist this little red wagon. Awww….
- I definitely got hung up in the lighting department. There were so many cute lamps. I can totally see this one in an all white nursery. So fresh!
So I guess our little detour wasn’t terrible for my barefoot boys. They got their Keens…as well as this fat, furry, thing with a horn for a nose.