How to Personalize Your Baby’s Nursery
One of the best ways to make your baby’s nursery feel welcoming is to find ways to personalize it. I am a huge fan of cute wooden letters on the wall, but I wanted to find out other unique ways of personalizing my daughter’s nursery (without going over the top). Here’s what I found:
- Personalized ceramics. For all three children, a dear friend sent us adorable personalized stoneware from Hadley Pottery … which are great at mealtime (when your little one eventually gets teeth), but also as decor in the bedroom. And I must say, these have survived 2 moves and really stand the test of time (and clumsiness).
- Artwork. Check out this fanciful painting that can be personalized by the artist for an elegant touch. Another idea is to choose a canvas that relates to the theme of the nursery – such as sports, safari, or animals – and have the artist incorporate your baby’s name. This safari canvas can be personalized for your little explorer.
- Blankets and Decorative Pillows. A fun way to personalize a room, embroider the name or initials on blankets or decorative pillows (not to be placed in a crib). Monograms on blankets and accent pillows make a sweet statement.
- Photos. A picture tells a thousand words, so what better way to create a special place than with pictures of your little one as they come home from the hospital, sit on grandma’s lap, or get a first hug from big brother. Mix in black-and-white childhood photos of relatives to add in some family history.
- Family keepsakes. Not sure what to do with the box of your old childhood mementos? Pick out your favorite toys, books, or photos and display them on a shelf (out of reach from the little ones of course).
- Rugs. These border rugs with initial are the perfect finishing touch for your baby’s nursery.
- Piggy Banks. A personalized ceramic piggy bank is cute and educational (teach the value of saving early).
These are the tip of the iceberg when personalizing your baby’s nursery. There are many more ideas you can find, not only on our site here, but also other sites such as Polkadots & Moonbeams and Sweet Remembrances. Don’t forget to plan ahead, though. Keep in mind that your baby will outgrow his crib and interests, so you will want to be able to keep some of his personalized belongings as keepsakes.