Holiday Gift Guide 2010
It’s that time of year again! If you know someone expecting a baby in 2011, and are searching for the perfect gift…there are lots of options. Before you inundate the parents-to-be with hoards of teddy bears, brain toys, or onesies that will be too small by spring, consider this…how about a gift for the new mom? Here are a few suggestions:
- Snuggie. I know what you are thinking…how lame! But this can be a perfect gift for the expectant mom this time of year. And, she can actually use/wear it after having the baby. That’s a bonus. She is constantly reminded to take it easy while pregnant, and that’s what the Snuggie is made for; lounging around with a good book, sitting by the fire, or even when family is visiting for the holidays. www.mysnuggiestore.com
- UGG Boots. She still wants to feel stylish while pregnant…but doesn’t want to sacrifice comfort. UGG boots are stylish, warm, acceptable in almost any climate, and COMFORTABLE. Have you seen the new classic sparkles boot? www.uggaustralia.com
- Kindle. The countless hours your expectant mom will spend in the waiting room to see her overbooked OBGYN might not seem so bad with this sanity preservation gadget. This wireless device can be taken anywhere; and it’s not just a book reader. Newspapers, magazines…even your favorite Carousel Designs blog can be accessed. www.amazon.com
- iPhone applications. If she has an iPhone or iPad, get her started with applications for moms for less than $5 each. Here are a few favorites:
- Baby Brain – track feedings, count diapers, and manage baby’s naps. It won’t feel like Final Jeopardy when the doctor asks how many wet diapers the baby has a day.
- Babyphone – a baby monitor build right into the iPhone…your iPhone will call your house phone when the baby wakes up. Can you imagine saying, “the baby is calling.” www.apple.com/iphone/apps
- Nathan Stainless Steel Flip Straw Bottle. A great gift to keep the expectant mom hydrated before and after pregnancy. Breastfeeding can trigger extreme thirst! Its flip top makes it easy to sip while driving and its wide mouth accommodates ice cubes (this helps during labor). www.nathansports.com
- S1 Aerolite LX Premier Travel System. I know I said to try and hold off on buying for the baby, but this really IS for the mom. My biggest fear when I became pregnant was whether or not I would lose my independence. Knowing I had a lightweight and easy-to-use stroller and car seat helped. www.safety1st.com
- Flip Video MinoHD™ Digital Camcorder. Wrangling a newborn on 2 hours of sleep is tough enough without having to learn new technology. This video camera is compact, lightweight, and plugs right into your Mac or PC to download and share videos. You’ll love this hassle free product. www.theflip.com
- Pregnancy Pampering Kit. This is always appreciated during pregnancy. Earth Mama Angel Baby calls this “a first aid kit for soon-to-be moms.” It includes a collection of items to help the new mom and her changing body throughout pregnancy. www.bellygifts.com
The holidays are upon us, and if anyone deserves a special gift this time of year, it’s the expectant mother in your life. Help us spread some holiday cheer, and share some ideas that you think will make the mom-to-be happy.