Celebrity Nursery: Rachel Dratch (& Carousel Designs) on the Nate Berkus Show!
It’s always exciting when celebrities choose to outfit their baby’s nursery with our baby bedding, so it was a blast seeing SNL comedian, Rachel Dratch, on “The Nate Berkus Show” this week talking about how she made space for her upcoming arrival in her tiny NYC apartment!
If you’re not familiar with Nate Berkus, he’s an interior decorator from Chicago who’s been one of Oprah’s regular guests and go-to guys for home design.
He premiered “The Nate Berkus Show” last week in which he offers design and style advice to viewers (and a really interesting interview with Elizabeth Edwards about how redecorating is helping her reclaim her life).
He’s also authored the book, Home Rules: Transform the Place You Live into a Place You’ll Love, so we were thrilled when his producer called us to have some very special crib bedding made for Rachel and her baby boy.
Check out the video of the segment below. You have to be kind of quick to catch her crib, so I’ve captured the moment in the screenshot above.
Rachel chose to use our Nursery Designer to create custom baby bedding for her nursery, but it’s very similar to our Black & White Dots & Stripes crib bedding collection. Click “customize this collection” to personalize the bedding and make it your own.
And because I was so inspired by Rachel and her funny girl antics (and because I fancy myself a great replacement for David Letterman should he EVER retire), I came up with my very own Top 5 List after watching the show…
Top Five Things I learned from Rachel Dratch on the Nate Berkus Show:
- Her very elusive “baby daddy” is Donald Trump (yeah, she’s really funny);
- She and “the Donald” have named the baby Hercules (though I’m happy to report that when she had the baby on September 8, she ended up going with Eli);
- Rachel’s guilty pleasure is trolling “dumb” websites at night (as opposed to reading parenting mags…who needs ‘em?);
- She and friend (and SNL comedian) Amy Poeller were “pregger buddies” this “heinously hot” summer; and,
- Amy Poeller advocates enjoying an occasional glass of wine during pregnancy (those crazy comedians).
Anyway, Rachel was thrilled with her newly designed nursery and we’re equally thrilled to count her as a customer!